So… how the heck do you hire a wedding planner? Well, with all the web clutter out there it is extremely important to pick up the phone and start interviewing potential businesses. This can reveal a lot about a company before you actually hire them. It also allows you an opportunity to see who you connect with, who is truly listening, and who has the qualifications necessary in order to flawlessly orchestrate your event.
When First Class Weddings event planning company receives an inquiry phone call it is certain that the topic of conversation is more about the wedding location vs. what their credentials are. Isn’t this funny? I mean think about it. A bride calls a wedding planning company that they haven’t hired to discuss wedding locations as if that topic is the deciding factor on whether or not to hire them. We have to ask, at what point did the topic of a wedding location become more important then asking the wedding planning company what their credentials are, where they get their training, and getting a few referrals?
If you are wondering how to hire a wedding planner then it is important to stay focused so that the Important questions don’t get overlooked. Here are must ask interviewing questions to get you started.
How to hire a wedding planner
- Where did you get your training and how long have you been a wedding planner?
- Do you have a contract or terms & conditions that I can look at? Any reputable company worthy of consideration will have one or both of these documents and it is important that you review them prior to hiring them.
- Do you carry liability insurance? This is important because only those that have this will have the ability to work with the more exclusive locations.
- Do you have references? Getting a list of references allows you to connect with people that have already been married by the company you are considering. You can get an unbiased perspective which can be helpful.
- What is your philosophy? Then ask yourself if it aligns with your own.
Your wedding day will be one of the most memorable days of your life. It’s easy to get caught up in all the details of your special day like the best locations, where you should stay, the weather etc. yet truly learning about the company you are hiring first & foremost is a crucial first step. So, stay focused and look for a company with good communication skills that match your philosophy when conducting your interviews. By asking the right questions you give yourself a significant opportunity to secure the highest quality wedding planner which will set the tone and pave the way for the ultimate wedding day experience.
How to hire a wedding planner by First Class Weddings