Saving Together…Wedding Budget Basics
- Doing a destination wedding at your honeymoon location combines expenses and will save you money.
- Sending save-the-date cards are an extra expense that is totally OK to cut out of the wedding budget.
- Be conservative when purchasing your wedding gown.
- Considering a luncheon instead of a reception dinner will cut your costs in half.
- Doing your own make-up will save you time and money!
- Have your ceremony chair rentals transferred to the reception tables after the wedding.
- Keeping your centerpieces simple & low to the table can save you a lot of money!
- Forgo favors and instead hand write thank you cards for each person or family.
- Keep the dessert display option on your menu instead of ordering a large wedding cake (paying for a small 6″ wedding cake on a pedestal for your traditional “cake cutting” will actually save you money).
- Designate day-of tasks like setting place cards and favors to a friend or family member vs. paying someone else to do it.
When it comes to your wedding budget and saving money the most important thing to remember is to keep it simple. This will allow you to keep your costs down without sacrificing elegance.